I'm certainly no expert, but my understanding is that you have to
embed the extra authors into a call (a "fetch" in the SFX lingo) using
a private identifier at the end of the OpenURL string. It's more
complicated than that, of course, since there has to an sid included
in addition to the pid and, at least in the SFX-biased documentation,
this so-called "fetch" operation is intended to be done using z39.50
or html-based (REST?) calls to a dataserver determined by the source.
Pretty messy, huh?

http://www.exlibrisgroup.com/resources/sfx/sfx_for_ips_aug_2002.pdf

The upshot is that multiple authors aren't directly supported in COinS
because a COinS url is by design generic and therefore can't know
about how to deal with the specific sid and pid requirements of a
fetch.

However, I would think Umlaut ought to be able to handle it since it
has SFX at its core.