This topic came up a few weeks ago on code4lib too, where were you Ed!? :)

I will echo something that Roy mentioned in the thread from a few weeks back, would the LOC be willing to create a web service where you could supply a call number and it would return the heirarchy of topic areas for that number?

Thanks
Andrew