an interesting debate instigated by a presentation of
the Internet Archive's OpenLibrary by its primary
technical engineer, aaron swartz, at the berkman
center at harvard.  tim spaulding of librarything
was in attendance:

http://www.hyperorg.com/blogger/mtarchive/berkman_lunch_aaron_swartz_on.html

"Q: Why won't OCLC give you the data?