I'd encourage people to check out the ONIX Serial Holdings format too,
when looking at all that is available for structured reprsentation of
serial holdings specifically. It's a newly released standard. Reviewing
it myself, I was quite impressed with it's flexibility combined with
elegance/ease of use. Does the job of expressing what parts of a
particular serial are held, although doesn't necessarily do other parts
of the job that a library control system would need. But this part is
what I, as a developer writing discovery systems, need most and fail to
get from current systems.

Jonathan

Jonathan Rochkind
Digital Services Software Engineer