Hi Andrew,

> ...we are investingating NCIP quite a bit here for use
> with VuFind [...] since it is already implemented
> (currently in limited stages) in my [Voyager] ILS

My understanding is that Voyager customers only get the NCIP server if they have purchased the ILL add-on module that utilizes NCIP.  If Villanova happens to have that module, and you get it to work with VuFind, keep in mind thay it may not be something that every other Voyager site can benefit from.

> ... my ILS vendor just told me that they don't
> have any documentation on the NCIP server.

It is also my understanding that while the Voyager NCIP API supports their ILL product, it was not meant to serve as a general purpose NCIP API.  I believe that that accounts for the lack of (customer) documentation.  Back in March of 2004, the then Endeavor Voyager Product Manager discussed their plans for further development of Voyager's NCIP API, and I don't think things have changed much since then [1].  If you've heard (or know) different, please let us (Voyager customers) know.  I've had my eye on NCIP as an API for quite some time.

-- Michael

[1] Subject: RE: [VOYAGER-L]: Voyager SIP or NCIP interface
    Date: 2004-03-11 16:34:00
    To: Voyager-L
    "I'd like to clarify our accomplishments and plans
    for interoperability and for NCIP..."

# Michael Doran, Systems Librarian
# University of Texas at Arlington
# 817-272-5326 office