At Tue, 15 Jan 2008 12:08:23 -0800,
Aaron Swartz <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Hi code4libbers! As part of my work on Open Library, I've been doing
> what I expect a lot of you find yourself doing: collecting big batches
> of MARC records, testing algorithms for processing them, building
> interesting ways to visualize them. And what I've found is that while
> the community of other people doing this in libraries is really
> valuable, I also have a lot to learn from people who do this sort of
> thing with other types of data. So I'm trying to build a
> code4lib-style community around people who work with large data sets
> of all kinds:
>
> http://theinfo.org/
>
> I hope that you'll take a look and join the mailing lists and get
> involved. I think that there's a lot we could do together.

Hi Aaron & al.

Looks like a great project. Thanks also for plugging the WARC format.
I added a bit to the wiki on this.

I have a bit of trouble differentiating this from the Linking Open
Data project[1]. Perhaps some info on the wiki about this would be
helpful.

best,
Erik Hetzner

1. <http://esw.w3.org/topic/SweoIG/TaskForces/CommunityProjects/LinkingOpenData>
;; Erik Hetzner, California Digital Library
;; gnupg key id: 1024D/01DB07E3