Hi code4libbers! As part of my work on Open Library, I've been doing
what I expect a lot of you find yourself doing: collecting big batches
of MARC records, testing algorithms for processing them, building
interesting ways to visualize them. And what I've found is that while
the community of other people doing this in libraries is really
valuable, I also have a lot to learn from people who do this sort of
thing with other types of data. So I'm trying to build a
code4lib-style community around people who work with large data sets
of all kinds:

http://theinfo.org/

I hope that you'll take a look and join the mailing lists and get
involved. I think that there's a lot we could do together.