Hi Jeremy,

I'll work on the video if you like. I can help otherwise too. Currently
I've made reservations to come down Sunday. Perhaps I'll need to come
down a day earlier. What do you guys need help on?

Regarding video, what I would love to do is use software that can
combine video, desktop, and sound. Last year, the best option that was
suggested (by Alan Darnell) was Wirecast by Vara Software
(http://www.varasoftware.com/products/wirecast/download.html). It is
primarily for web casting (which could be an option), but it combines
multiple cameras and desktop capture, and it archives too. This archive
could be titled and converted to postable formats.  Does the conference
have $450 that can be spared for it? Could OSU donate it? Or, would your
library want a copy? It could be used year after year.

I've downloaded the demo this morning, and have my video camera. I'll
make a spoof with it and see what we can do. For it to work right, we'd
need two machines for people to use (windows / mac.) There is a remote
client that people can add to their own laptops, making a video stream
available to the server. That might work, but then again it might be too
much of a pain for the 5 minutes between talks. Or, we'd have to set
everyone up ahead of time. Ideally there'd be a pc/mac for me (or
whoever was in charge of video) to sit at that was the server. Then I
would direct, basically, what is cast, switching between views.

I can dig for more options if that doesn't sound good.

Also, I don't know if I have the time, but I'd like to do the 2007 video
mashup that I never accomplished last year. That could be shown at the
opening, or otherwise. Or we could combine slideshows of last year's
images, add this year's images for those who want to add them. Shouldn't
be too hard to do.

Regards,
Noel

Noel Peden
Pierce Library System Administrator
541.962.3017

How hard it is, sometimes, to trust the evidence of one's senses! How
reluctantly the mind consents to reality.
  - Norman Douglas