On Jan 7, 2008 1:17 PM, Yitzchak Schaffer <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Greetings:
>
> Is there any information available on the specifics of the Evergreen
> pre-conference workshop?  I'd very much like to attend, but the idea of
> red-eyeing it or being away an extra day for the 9:00 am session is less
> than joysome.

Hi,

A tentative outline was proposed by Dan Scott on the code4libcon list in
October:

* Quick intro to Evergreen
 * Installing Evergreen prereqs on Debian, Ubuntu, and Gentoo (possibly
 concurrent with Installing VMWare Player for Windows folk)
 ** Half-hour coffee break / help people finish up / let Gentoo people
 finish their prereq compiles
 * Installing OpenSRF and Evergreen
 * Configuring basic connectivity using 'localhost' and testing
 connections via srfsh / catalog / staff client
 * Configuring the system with the whiz-bang Django admin tool
 * Test basic staff client tasks: copy cataloging, adding patrons,
 circulating books
 ** Lunch
 * Bulk-loading data: bib records, holdings, patrons
 * Evergreen internals: adding new export methods, etc.

Naturally, this will have to be trimmed to suit the new format.  Anything in
particular you would like to see?

-bill

--
Bill Erickson