From: Jonathan Markow <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2008 12:30:24 -0500
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: [jasig-announce] Call for Proposals: JA-SIG Presents "Higher
Education Solutions: The Community Source Way"

Apologies for the cross-posting...

Higher Education Solutions:  The Community Source Way!

April 28 ­ 30, 2008
St. Paul, MN, USA

FeaturingŠ

CAS, DSpace, Fedora, Fluid, Internet2, Kuali, Sakai, uPortal Šand more!

Call for Proposals now open
Deadline for submission of proposals: February 22, 2008

Conference site: http//www.ja-sig.org/conferences/08spring/index.html
<http://ja-sig.org/conferences/08spring/index.html>

Dear Colleague:

The JA-SIG Spring 2008 Conference will be held at the end of April this
year. We have extended invitations to our many colleagues in higher
education community source to share in the event, and we're excited to
present a first-time, jointly planned conference.

Whatever your project affiliation, become an active part of this conference
by submitting proposals for presentations, BOF (Birds Of a Feather)
sessions, and Poster Sessions using the link at the bottom of this message.
Topics that span projects are particularly welcome!

We welcome your contributions in the following areas:
* Community Source Management/Governance:  What are best practices for
managing community source projects or their deployments on campus? For
encouraging adoption? For gaining acceptance and campus buy-in? For engaging
your community in the processes? Presentations for managers, team leaders,
executives, planners and strategists.
* Design and Development:  For developers, architects, UX designers,
testers. Presentations for people who build community source products, use
them as a development framework or want to learn more about doing so. These
are technical topics, tips and techniques, how-to's.
* Deployment and Integration:  Presentations for people who need to make
applications work on campus: developers, content providers, team leaders,
evangelists. In particular, we would like to highlight work that integrates
community source projects within the enterprise infrastructure and with each
other.
* Multiple Audiences:  Presentations that span multiple projects or audience
types. Community source project introductions and overviews.
Half-day Supplementary Seminars (already selected) will be held in the
morning and afternoon on Sunday, April 27th as well as on Wednesday (April
30th) afternoon, presented by representatives from each of our partnering
organizations. [See Details
<http://www.ja-sig.org/conferences/08spring/seminars.html> ].  A barCamp and
UCamp will be held on Wednesday afternoon in the style of our recent
"Unconference" ­a great informal opportunity to network and meet the
experts.

Proposals may be entered on the JA-SIG Conference Website. Proposals require
a Title, an Abstract (under 500 words), a Presenter Profile, and some basic
affiliation information.

Submit your proposal directly by clicking here  http://tinyurl.com/2voabt or
from the conference home page, where you can find all the details:
http://www.ja-sig.org/conferences/08spring/index.html

Registration Information will be coming soon. Check back later for more
information.

Join your colleagues in St. Paul this April.  This will be an unprecedented
opportunity to meet and learn from each other. See you at "Higher Education
Solutions:  The Community Source Way"!
--
You are currently subscribed to [log in to unmask] as: