This is something some of us have been wanting for a while too. I don't
know of any API source (I wonder if Bowker's soon-to-be Books In Print
API, which I've been told has cover images, will have that? I'm still
trying to figure out, in communication with Bowker, what their cost
model is going to be for this service).

Ulrich's Periodicals Directory does have many journal cover images, but
doesn't have any API to access them. A screen scraper could potentially
be written if you have an Ulrich's license.  Hmm, now I'm adding that to
my Umlaut wishlist.

Jonathan

Bin Zhang wrote:
> This is a little off-topic, but does anyone know if journal covers are
> available anywhere, similar to books covers that are provided by Google
> and Amazon?
>
> Thanks
>
> ---
> Bin Zhang, Digital Information Services Librarian
> Library Systems & Information Technology Services
> California State University, Sacramento
> 2000 State University Drive, East, Sacramento, CA 95819-6039
> +1 916 278-5664 (office); +1 916 278-3891 (fax)

Jonathan Rochkind
Digital Services Software Engineer
The Sheridan Libraries
Johns Hopkins University