On Sun, Mar 30, 2008 at 9:40 PM, K.G. Schneider <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>  For those of us in the field pushing for new approaches, the Gartner report
>  does represent positive change. It's not that OSS isn't successful. It's
>  that some of us would really like it to be much more successful...

Fair enough. I certainly understand the significance for OSS
passionadas in organisations under MBA and committee rule, it's just
infuriating that these things have to be spelled out in childish ways
(which the litmus test really is all about) by conservatives for
"approved benefits to the enterprise." This is partly why I left the
library world, mind you, so if that report can fix up some of the
glaring things that made my experience there so painful (a constant
struggle of spelling things out), I might think of coming back. :)
Hehehe.

Alex
 Project Wrangler, SOA, Information Alchemist, UX, RESTafarian, Topic Maps