We've had this fight on Code4Lib before, but it deserves mentioning
that no browser breaks this, and no browser developer is going to
break it. It's widely used—for more widely used than any number of
"standards-compliant" techniques that don't work and probably never
will. To care about this in the context of today's mainstream OPACs is
like keeping your fingernails clean after a nuclear attack.