Dear DLF members,
At the same time the DLF meeting is going on in Minneapolis, JASIG is having a conference the same days in St Paul, on developing and managing open source software in Higher education . I think many of you will find the program interesting if you are currently deploying or developing with open source. OSS projects featured are DSpace, Kuali, Sakai, Fedora, UPortal, CAS. However, there are many general tracks for software developers, managers and implementors of open source software projects. If you are attending the DLF conference, it is a short ride to the JASIG venue and JASIG has offered DLF members a reduced rate to attend the conference for a day. Please see the information below to find out more and see the schedule-
DSpace Executive Director
Higher Education Solutions: The Community Source Way!
April 27 -30, 2008
The Crowne Plaza Hotel
St. Paul, Minnesota, USA
We are pleased to let you know that the JA-SIG Spring 2008 program schedule is posted at the conference site:
http://www.ja-sig.org/conferences/08spring/index.html. (Click the "Program" link at the top of the page.)
- Conference events run Sunday, April 27th through Wednesday, April 30th.
- Supplementary seminars are scheduled before and after the conference.
- A BarCamp and a UCamp are scheduled on Wednesday afternoon (See site descriptions for these unique events)
- Presentations, Panel discussions, Poster sessions, BOF's, Case Studies, How-to's.
- Keynotes by Ira H. Fuchs, Kaye Howe, and a panel of Community Source leaders
- CAS, DSpace, Fedora, Fluid, Internet2, Kuali, Sakai, uPortal
Join us for the most comprehensive gathering of the higher education open source community in 2008!
Early registration discounts are available through March 23, 2008.
Register now at http://www.ja-sig.org/conferences/08spring/registration.html
Subscribe to the conference blog, The Community Source Way
Join the Conference networking site at http://ja-sigspring08.crowdvine.com/.
We hope to see you there!
The JA-SIG Spring 2008 Program Committee