Years ago I was in a discussion with a physics professor about aspects
of some new programming language, he then said to me,  "I use a  high
level  language",  naturally I tried to guess what it was, I went
through a pretty extensive list, increasingly esoteric.  "No, no," he
said at last, "it's none of those,  it's called 'graduate student'".  I
imagine he used a text editor called 'secretary'.
-chick