Hello everyone,
There was a thread that started April 2nd about the Serials Solutions
API and its NDA.

We would like to clarify that the non-disclosure agreement which we ask
libraries to sign before receiving the documentation for our APIs does
not limit the library IN ANY WAY from contributing their own code to
other institutions. The posting on code4lib from one of our support
staff was incorrect.

We ask libraries to sign a non-disclosure agreement before receiving the
API's and accompanying documentation because once signed, API users have
access to propriety information through communication with our
development staff.

Obviously, our software is our primary asset.  We ask for the
non-disclosure so that the technical details of that asset are not
shared with a potential competitor. However, the code that the library
develops using the API belongs to the library.  The library is not
limited from contributing that code to the community. In fact, we would
encourage you to do so.

Thanks!
Harry Kaplanian
Director of Product Management