I'm glad to see interest in the accord and in the ILS-DI work.  I'd be
happy to answer questions and discuss the committee's work with folks,
but DLF-ANNOUNCE is probably not the best place to do it.  There is a
Google Group for public discussion of the group's work at

    http://groups.google.com/group/ils-di

and I'm also happy to answer questions in email.

For quick answers to what I've seen posted here:

    (1) Yes, the ILS is expected to return all bib. record data
        relevant to discovery (not just Dublin Core);
    (2) Our current draft (which is currently ahead of what's on the
        wiki in some areas) does cite OpenURL as a useful and extensible
       linking and service-request binding.  Its use is not required
       in the Level 1 "basic discovery" profile recommendation, but in our
       current thinking, an ILS's URL template for links
       can optionally use the OpenURL format, and we mention that this
       format could be useful for more sophisticated service requests
       in higher interoperability profiles.

If folks would like to ask about or discuss these issues further, I'd be
happy to talk further in an appropriate forum.

And if you're interested in implementation and further development, I
hope we'll see you at the ILS-DI BOF in Minneapolis later this month.

Thanks!

John Mark Ockerbloom