On Tue, 13 May 2008, Boheemen, Peter van wrote:

> I am looking for code for lib :)
> We want to implement thesaurus management software. Up untill now we
> have worked with home grown stuff, but we did not really maintain a
> thesaurus, since we build on an existing one and our major work was to
> translate it to Dutch. We are now thinking of expanding the thesaurus
> with new branches as well, so we need something more sophisticated. We
> have been looking around a bit, but have not found the right thing yet.
> Does anybody know of a nice product. Preferably Open Source, so we can
> adjust and contribute ourselves, but if not we could work with a
> 'closed' solution if necessary.

When I was working on my Masters, I tried getting my professor (Dagobert
Soergel) to give us the source code of his software ... our team for the
thesauri class was former programmers and sysadmin.

Unfortunately, he never did give us the source code ... and I know it was
old code, as we had to show him how to adjust the amount of memory in his
DOS window so he could load our whole thesaurus.

I'd be willing to try and ask him if he'd be willing to release the code.
Looking at his website, he has a 2-page description of the software that
was in D-Lib in 2001:

        http://www.dsoergel.com/cv/B76.pdf

(the link to the manual isn't working -- but I know it exists, as we had
copies in class)

If you're interested, let me know, and I'll start bugging him about it
again.

I also know of a list of thesauri software:

        http://www.willpower.demon.co.uk/thessoft.htm

There's only one that looks to be copy-left, though:

        http://www.r020.com.ar/tematres/index.en.html

-Joe