On Mon, May 19, 2008 at 11:39:06AM -0400, Ken Irwin wrote:
> With some limitations, the Google Books API allows folks to access book
> covers for free. (How's that working out? Anyone having luck with it?)
> -- what about movie/DVD/VHS covers? Are there any free sources for those
> images?
>
> I'd like to work up a virtual-browsing interface for our library's
> pretty small collection of feature films, and I'd love to include
> covers. Any ideas on how I might get them? Anyone else doing this?

I've had some success with UPCs and worldcat.org for the Drexel
Libraries Video Search[1].  A lot of our records lack an 024, though, so
I fall back to ISBNs on Amazon, but the hit rate isn't as good there.

For a collection the size of our video collection, we've considered just
scanning them ourselves.

Neither IMDB nor Netflix have public APIs yet.

Gabriel

[1] http://www.library.drexel.edu/video/