Hi All-

Another link about thumbnail images not being copyright-able:

http://www.publicknowledge.org/node/947

Perhaps for some reason these precedents do not apply here (although I
doubt it) -- I am no lawyer. But I DO think that it is our responsibilty
as librarians and educators to *not* shy away from cases where copyright
issues are not clear and obvious. It is our job to provide the highest
possible service to our users, not to be timid in the face of false
and/or faulty claims about copyright infingement.

--peter keane