On Thu, 2008-05-08 at 11:41 -0400, Godmar Back wrote:
> On Thu, May 8, 2008 at 11:25 AM, Dr R. Sanderson
> <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> >
> >  Like what?  The current API seems to be concerned with search.  Search
> >  is what SRU does well.  If it was concerned with harvest, I (and I'm
> >  sure many others) would have instead suggested OAI-PMH.
> >
> No, the API presented does not support search.

Well, it only doesn't support search because of the way that the API has
been described without using the word 'search'!

To quote the documentation in the API:

------
Infogami provides an API to query the database for objects matching
particular criteria
To find objects matching a particular query, send a GET request to
http://openlibrary.org/api/things with query as parameter. In this
documentation we use curl as a simple command line query client; any
software that supports http GET can be used.
The API supports querying for objects based of string matching.
-----

And so on.

There's a query, which can have its results sorted, be limited in terms
of the number of results returned, and have the beginning of that result
list start at an offset.

Sounds a lot like a search?

Rob