If the Google link were part of a much larger set of unstressed links,
I'd be more inclined to favor it. Lots of linking is a good thing. But
a single no-info Google link from a low-information OPAC page seems to
compound the deficiencies of one paradigm with that of another.

On the subject of "lazy" students, I do think there is a legitimate
distinction between what students will do and what they ought to do.
Being pro-Web 2.0 doesn't require us to be information relativists.
Certainly there is a lot of ignorant criticism about Wikipedia.
Wikipedia is a remarkable resource, and an inspiration to us all.
Students will and probably should use it when they're starting out on
a topic.

That some students will use it long after that, in the place of better
resources online and off, because it's the "path of least resistance"
isn't just a fact of life we must all bow before. It is a problem we
must confront. Not infrequently the right answer is "get off your butt
and read a book."

Tim

--
Check out my library at http://www.librarything.com/profile/timspalding