And indeed, that is exactly how I plan to make use of the Google
metadata link, and have been suggesting is the best way to make use of
it since I entered this conversation:  As part of a set of links to
'additional information' about a resource, with no special prominence
given to the Google link.

Other "additional information" links I either have already or plan to
have soon include:
Amazon.com
isbndb.com (a good aggregator of online prices for purchase, which has a
nice api)
Ulrich's (for serials)
Books in Print
OCLC Worldcat
OCLC Identities (for the author of the resource)

Of course, there is definitely a danger here of information overload. If
these "additonal information" links are layed out on the page they
shouldn't interfere with the use of hte page by people who want to
ignore them entirely. But too _many_ links in the "additional
information" section may make people ignore it entirely, where a smaller
list limited to the most useful links would get more use.  But at the
moment, we're not really sure which are the 'most useful' links, so I
think I'll err on the side of inclusion, up to a maximum of 6 or 7 links.

Jonathan

--
Jonathan Rochkind
Digital Services Software Engineer