> Is anybody using III's Encore system and happens to know if there is a
> deep-linking syntax, either documented or inferred, for it?

I'm not actually using this, but you can reference an individual
record using the syntax
http://encore.scottsdaleaz.gov/iii/encore/record/C|Rb1425309

where b1425309 is the record number. This will give you a nice looking
public display. If you need anything other than a formatted record
display based on a simple record number or keyword search, you are
much better off working in the old catalog (which all Encore libraries
still have) -- it has significantly more search and display options.

As far as I can tell, Encore allows keyword searching only, and there
is no way to pull a record in MARC view, to search by ISBN/ISSN or do
a number of other tasks. That's probably why clicking on the "Advanced
search" button in an Encore system or on the "Find out more" in the
individual record display takes you to the old system.

kyle