To some extent, they have.  Specifically, they have built their own
feature for automating creating lists (and record loading and output):
 Millennium Load Scheduler.  And they'll be happy to sell that to you
... for tens of thousands of dollars.

We too rely heavily on Expect-created lists, so we're hoping to move
ahead with Scheduler despite its steep cost.

As far as tools for automating other functions are concerned, I
haven't seen any indication that Innovative is doing anything.  But I
certainly could have missed something.

Matt