>The Google API returns sufficient information to NOT point people to
>books with no preview--it tells if full view, partial view, or no view
>is provided for a given book. I agree that our software that uses this
>API ought to either suppress no-preview books entirely, or present them
>in a particular way that makes it clear that they're no preview (if
>there's any point to this at all).

What I've done in my very rough demo is to say something like
"Full text available", "Parts of text available" and "Additional information available".  (Not exactly, but it's not worth the time to look it up).  The general consensus around here seems to be even the minimal records tend to have useful information, more so than if Google was just repeating the catalog entry.  The links don't even show up at all if there is no google information.

Jon Gorman