What I dislike here is your assumption that you know better than your
users what's "good" for them/what they want/what they OUGHT to want/what
they need/etc. Providing them with available information in a reasonably
accessible way, and then trusting them -- whether they're undergrads,
grad students, lecturers, profs, researchers, community users, etc -- to
make their own decisions about what to do with that based upon their
particular, individual, and personal circumstances, locations, contexts,
etc., isn't "abnegating" your responsibility -- it IS your responsibility.

Larry Campbell
UBC Library