I agree with Kyle that a big, wide set of records is better for testing purposes. In processing records for Evergreen imports, I've found that there are often just a handful that throw marc4j for a loop. I suppose I should cull those and attach them to bug reports... instead I've taken the path of least resistance and just used yaz-marcdump. (bad Dan!)

There are, of course, _lots_ of MARC records available for download from
http://www.archive.org/search.php?query=collection%3A%22ol_data%22%20AND%20%28MARC%20records%29
- not just the LoC set. So one could presumably assemble a nice big set of records starting here.

Dan