Hi Jonathan,

XTF was actually used as an experimental OPAC technology at the CDL for
an experiment with ranking and recommendation features with our catalog
data.  You can read about it here:

http://www.cdlib.org/inside/projects/melvyl_recommender/

There is also a link on that page to the experimental site, which is
still running (albeit on somewhat of a slow machine).

Martin Haye and Kirk Hastings, both of the CDL publishing group and
code4lib attendees over the last two years, were the developers on this
project.

Lisa
Lisa Schiff
Technical Lead, Publishing