From: Code for Libraries on behalf of Karen Coombs
Sent: Thu 5/15/2008 10:03 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [CODE4LIB] Life after Expect

There are some very useful things one can get back from III via Z39.50.
Terry Resse from OSU showed me that if you send a Z39.50 request for the
"opac" syntax you can actually get back holdings information and whether or
not something is checked out. I had no trouble playing around with this via
the Z39.50 piece of MARC edit and getting back the data I wanted.

Based on this info and reading about yaz-proxy, I've been hoping that by
implementing yaz-proxy that I might setup an SRW/U service for III. Has
anyone on this list considered this option or tried it out?

Karen