May 27-29 will feature the third meeting of PASIG, Sun's Preservation and Archiving Special Interest Group, in San Francisco.
As someone who has been tracking the agenda as it has taken shape, I am looking forward to the strong line up of presentations & speakers--some from among DLF, and some from beyond.
Attendance is free for higher education members. Registration is online at:
| Tom Cramer
| Associate Director, Digital Library Systems & Services
| Stanford University LIbraries & Academic Information Resources
| Stanford University
| (650) 723-5270
PASIG meetings provide attendees with an interactive forum for
* Comparison of high-level OAIS architectures, services-oriented architecture work, and use cases
* Sharing of best practices and software code
* Cooperation on standard, open, 'in-a-box' solutions around repository technologies
* Review of storage architectures and trends and their relation to preservation and archiving architectures and eResearch data set management
* Discussion of the uses of commercial third party and community-developed solutions