[I forgot to CC: this to the list, I've edited my reply a bit from the
original email to Godmar.]

Hi Godmar, all:

We'd love to do this and may consider doing so in the future.
As we are primarily a research unit doing such services is wonderful
but only when staff have time.

Just FYI, the web service we offer is running on one machine for the
public, but internally in our group we have a number of machines that
handle ParsCit web service calls that are brokered by a load balancing
mechanism; however we cannot spare the computational bandwidth for our
public interfaces.  For us in-house, it is a production system (though
we have yet to really stress test this).  This is why we are hoping
others will find the system useful and install it on their own.

If someone does make ParsCit available in a scalable web service
environment free of charge, we'd certainly link to it from the main
ParsCit website.  Any takers for some volunteer work?

Cheers,

Min

PS - Godmar suggested that we (and others providing like web services)
consider designing our web services in a scalable way from the
beginning so that we don't have to worry or focus bandwidth on making
our services scalable.  I'm very happy to learn such technologies, if
someone can point us in the appropriate direction -- Google App or
otherwise.

--
Min-Yen KAN (Dr) :: Assistant Professor :: National University of
Singapore :: School of Computing, AS6 05-12, Law Link, Singapore

Important: This email is confidential and may be privileged. If you
are not the intended recipient, please delete it and notify us
immediately; you should not copy or use it for any purpose, nor
disclose its contents to any other person. Thank you.