Eric Lease Morgan wrote:
> The following link implements a slider, and I thought such a metaphor
> would be a good one for any number of library interfaces:
>
>   http://librarycopyright.net/digitalslider/
>
>   1. For example, it could be used to "gauge" a Find More Like This
> One function. Move slider up or down. Return a higher or lower
> integer. Use integer to set an upper bounds or lower bounds of items
> returned from a call to xISBN or LibraryThing ISBN.
>
>   2. Another example might be with Did You Mean? Move slider up or
> down to determine the number of possible spelling (or thesaurus)
> suggestions returned.
>
>   3. Here's a third one. Move slider to show more or fewer details
> from a bibliographic records. At one end of the spectrum is just
> identifier. At the other end of the spectrum is a full record.
>
> I think the idea of a slider is cool as well as kewl. How could I
> implement something like this easily?

Hi Eric,

Do a google search for "ajax slider" and you'll find lots of
implementation with demos

Here's just one example of a javascript/php/ajax implementation:

http://roshanbh.com.np/2008/01/slider-using-php-ajax-and-javascript.html

Take a look at the Sliders page on the Ajaxian wiki at:
http://ajaxpatterns.org/Slider

Go down to the real world examples page and try the Amazon Loose
Diamonds link.