Good point, Peter. Edward, it's also worth considering your
institution's overall user experience goals. Here at UVA, we want to
give users a single place to go, instead of having to search the
repository and the library catalog, so the front end for our Fedora
repository is going to be Blacklight (also open source: http://
blacklight.rubyforge.org), the same as the front end for our library
catalog. You can see an example here (still in development, so be
kind), of a search that has retrieved both a book from the catalog
and images from our repository:

http://blacklightdev.lib.virginia.edu/catalog?q%5B%5D=Radburn

Bess

Elizabeth (Bess) Sadler