Hey all,

I would love to tackle the issue of creating a really cool call number
browse tool that utilizes book covers, etc. However, I'd like to do this
outside of my ILS/OPAC. What I don't know is whether there are any
indexing / SQL / query techniques that could be used to browse forward
and backword in an index like this.

Has anyone else worked on developing a tool like this outside of the
OPAC? I guess I would be perfectly happy even if it was something I
could build directly on top of the ILS database and its indexes (we use
SirsiDynix Unicorn).

I wanted to throw a feeler out there before trying to dream up some wild
scheme on my own.

-emily

P.S. The version of BiblioCommons released at Oakville Public Library
has a sweet call number browse function accessible from the full record
page. I would love to know know how that was accomplished.

http://opl.bibliocommons.com/item/show/1413841_mars

--
Emily Lynema
Systems Librarian for Digital Projects