Am I wrong, though, in thinking that a clean-room recreation of the Zotero
code that parses .ens files would be legal (although the use of ISI-provided
.ens files would still be, at best, questionable)? If so, I'd like to
encourage everyone who might be interested in working on such a project to
*not* look at any Zotero code. At all. If this holds up and the offending
code is removed, anyone re-engineering it would need to have never been in
contact with the original code.

Or (as I started with), am I wrong?

--
Bill Dueber