On Mon, Sep 22, 2008 at 4:39 PM, Jonathan Rochkind <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> To me, a committee of volunteers that anyone interested can be on _is_ a
> community decision.

Well it all depends on how the committee is selected doesn't it? If
it's people who care enough to volunteer, and are selected, and nobody
is excluded then yeah I agree. But if it's some cabal of people that
aren't selected in any meaningful way then it's not.

I think voting on stuff like this has served code4lib well in the past
.. and I don't see any reason to kill that spirit now.

//Ed