On Fri, Sep 12, 2008 at 4:52 PM, Moody, David (dam8u)

> 3.       Would it allow for standalone applications to run in the same domain space (eg. Other OpenSource PHP/MySQL or Ruby on Rails apps), most importantly BlackLight and SOLR.

It looks like it's just a PHP app, so there's really no way they could
prevent you from doing so if it's running on your own server. Use
Apache and mod_proxy or mod_rewrite.

You can use a proxy server to run pretty nearly everything in a
unified domain space. If you've got apps that do lots of introspection
(Rails, I'm looking at you) you may need to explicitly set up some
configuration or force some headers, but the answer to "can I run web
apps X and Y in the same domain space?" is almost always "yes."

Cheers,
-Nate