In general, do members think it's best—most popular but also most
productive— to meet at a *hub* or somewhere off the beaten path?

If the former, it's Boston all the way, right? If the latter,
Portland, Maine is a really nice place to meet, and I can put a bunch
of you up at the LibraryThing house. :)

--
Check out my library at http://www.librarything.com/profile/timspalding