The results of the second logo vote are in[1], and Professional Option 1 was
the winner:

We accept Stephanie Brinley's kind offer, request a few different ideas,
vote on those ideas to settle on one, and the final version is created from
the winning idea.

The results were:

75     Professional Option 1
67     Combo Option
23     Professional Option 2

I think at this point it would be good to get some volunteers to help
shepherd the process. This is just to keep the process on track, all
decisions will be made, as always, by group vote. If you want to volunteer
to help out, let me know.

Also, Leslie Johnston said at one point "The key to working with a
professional is in identifying the design "program" ‹ what the
organization's "story" is, who its community is, and who you want to get
your message to with the branding, as well as identifying what uses the logo
will be used for ‹ print, promotional items (t-shirts, hats, temporary
tatoos, whatever), online ‹ which has on effect on the deliverables, e.g.
file sizes and formats." David Cloutman also talked about developing a
"requirements document" that could be vetted on the list. I'd like to
suggest that those who volunteer to manage the process draft something of no
more than one page in length to give to Stephanie to help provide her with
some background and guidance. We will then post it to the list for wider
feedback, revise it based on that feedback, and then contact Stephanie.

Please let me know if you want to help with this. Thanks,
Roy

[1] http://dilettantes.code4lib.org/voting_booth/election/results/6