I've written my first WordPress plugin (woohoo!) that displays a "Today
at the Library" list of the current day's events.  I have the left
sidebar of our Library News blog set to call the plugin function, as
seen here:

http://sonomalibrary.org/news/

It's been suggested that I post this as a publicly available plugin, but
it's so kludgey it's not fit for public consumption -- I can't find a
WordPress hook that will call it, so I have PHP code in the sidebar to
call it.  Also, it's currently so specific to libraries with WebEvent
calendars it's not likely to have much audience.  In theory, it could be
generalized, but that would take some time.  Is it worth it?

I thought I'd check with the Code4Librs.  Anyone out there think this is
indeed worth pursuing and if so, want to take some time to help me
de-kludge?

Thanks a bunch.

Genny Engel
Sonoma County Library