Hello All,

I am interested in creating a list of things that librarians and library
staff we support do that annoy systems librarians/ library IT staff. I
am not looking for annoying things that patrons do, but things staff do.
While the "annoying librarians" tone of this query might seem to be
negative, I'm really hoping to turn this into a more positive outcome by
creating a list of things that system librarians find annoying and then
suggesting ways that librarians/staff can avoid doing these thing and
offer some alternative approaches that librarians/staff can take that
might lead to a more positive response from library IT staff. At this
point I really don't intend to do much more with this list then to post
it to my blog, but I may try to incorporate it into future presentations
related to systems librarianship.

If you are a systems librarian or other library IT staff that has have
any thoughts on things that your users do that annoy you, please let me
know at [log in to unmask] When I gather the list and put it on my
blog, I'll e-mail the list back to share.

Edward