Yes.  A COinS object could/would allow users using LibX to be directed
to my link resolver, to find an alternate licensed ebook copy of that
book, to issue an ILL request for a print version, or to find a print
version on the local libraries shelves.

It is important that the COinS object includes ISBN, LCCN and/or
OCLCnum, if those identifiers are available for a given record. It is
also useful it it contains a rfr_id identifying Open Library as the source.

Jonathan

--
Jonathan Rochkind
Digital Services Software Engineer