Karen's work on COinS for Open Library inspired me to add COinS to my
OpenBook WordPress plugin. The plugin lets users show book covers and
other data from Open Library in WordPress pages. Now it also insert the
COinS HTML so that the bibliographic data for the book can get picked up
by apps like Zotero.

Right now it seems to work fine for title, author, publisher, date of
publication, and ISBN.

Re: author. Open Library displays author as a single field, which COinS
does in fact allow (au). Zotero seems to adeptly parse this into first
name and last name. Karen has correctly observed that more complex names
can be problematic, e.g., Mao Tse-Tung, Ramon de Abadal y Vinyais.

I plan to add additional fields soon.

The plugin (with open source code) can be obtained here:
http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/openbook-book-data/

Lots of examples at my website:
http://johnmiedema.ca/openbook-wordpress-plugin/

Always appreciate feedback,