Eric Hellman wrote:
> Yep. There's no URI for LCC. You could put LCC in the subject field of a
> dublin core profile metadata format ContextObject. But it's not clear why
> anyone would want to do that.

Well, it could provide some -- dare I say? -- CONTEXT. Having the
classification could help a resolver route the request to the
appropriate library catalog if a union catalog isn't available. Having
the classification could aid a service trying to disambiguate author
names. Having the classification could provide a library with
interesting statistics on requests, failed requests, and collection
development.

Probably none of this is done today, but I think the LCC will become
more interesting to us as we begin to go beyond bibliographic matching
to bibliographic data mining.

kc

--
[log in to unmask] http://www.kcoyle.net