I used MTurk for a data gathering project recently. Turnaround time is
great: within a few hours. You can set params to only accept people
whose rejection rate is 5% or less or what not (95% acceptance rate is
the default) to weed out the riffraff. Pretty cost effective.

My instructions were complex (check websites A, B, and C and on each,
look for data elements X, Y and Z and do the hokey-pokey and...) and as
a result the quality wasn't great. To avoid: I'd recommend either
farming out each subtask into a separate HIT or aggregating the entire
task in a single HIT.

    --SET