I'm not sure if a COinS with just author information, rather than a
citation to a particular bibliographic resource, is actually of use.
The OpenURL SAP profiles, which COinS works with, wasn't really designed
for that. I'd work up a clear use case before expending development
energy on it.

There might be a better microformat-ish way to embed author information
in a structured way in XML, perhaps RDFa (says he who knows almost
nothing about RDFa).

Jonathan

--
Jonathan Rochkind