A job opening at CrossRef:

http://www.crossref.org/01company/job_opening.html

Says an organization representative:

"Ideally, we'd like to get somebody who not only has excellent
technical skills, but who also groks the scholarly publishing field-
either from the publisher side or from the library side. This position
would be a very cool opportunity for somebody who loves to wallow in
metadata and  wants to work on building cool scholarly tools. And, of
course, one of the benefits of working for CrossRef is that, although
we are non-profit, we are also very stable and our pay/benefits are
competitive with the publishing industry's."

Roy (full disclosure: I'm on the CrossRef Advisory Board)