Thanks, Chad, it does help. And I think it helps me understand why I was
a bit confused by the suggestion, but let me see if I've gotten it:

I asked about COinS. COinS (drat, hate uplow, from now on just coins) is
basically just a formatted string imbedded in the html that will be used
by an external program. There is no service that the OL site needs to
provide other than popping the context object in there in the right
format. Very low effort, from the open library's point of view.

unAPI appears to require some lightweight services that would have to be
added to the OL site: basically, responding to the three possible unapi
requests. So we can't *just* add an unAPI to the html pages -- there's a
bit more work that needs to be done.

Is this correct?

Thanks,
kc