Yes, that's correct.

However, if you already offer persistent URLs for item data in one or
more machine-readable formats (like MARC, or DC in XML), the additional
work that needs to be done is likely just a fairly small amount of
'glue' to make those alternate formats discoverable via unAPI.  As other
machine-readable formats are made available in the future, they can be
incorporated into the unAPI "glue" advertising them as well.  unAPI
makes no requirements about _which_ machine-readable formats are made
available, it's just a way of advertising their association, basically.

Jonathan

--
Jonathan Rochkind
Digital Services Software Engineer